Tuesday, June 06, 2006

McDonalds at a vegan restaurant

I was startled to see a man come into California Vegan with a couple of friends, carrying a take-out bag of McDonalds, which he may have mainly bought for his son, assuming that's the relationship there.

He was asked to take his food outside, and he proceeded to gripe about how we vegans were so inflexible.

Man, I may have been perturbed by this man's insensitivity and disrespect before, but now I was downright annoyed.

Vegans in America have to put up with an incredibly non-vegan culture. We finally get a smattering of vegan restaurants to call safe refuge, then you feel that our objections to your pollution of that venue are unreasonable?

Think for one second how many times I must have had to go hungry or order pasta with oil and diced tomatoes for lunch, and how many times cheese was accidentally served on top anyway. Or what about all those times I went out with friends, and my only vegan option was a side salad?

So, you'll forgive me if I don't cry that you weren't allowed to eat your McDonalds at a restaurant where vegans can eat anything on the menu without being disturbed by the scent of cheap, greasy animal flesh.

I mean, I'm all for inclusiveness when it comes to promoting a plant-based diet -- just leave the fast food where it belongs.

Tags: |

1 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger funwithyourfood said...

Oh how unbelievably rude.
The nerve of some people

Teddy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home