Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Avid meat lover makes room for tofu in his menus

I don't know about you, but The Oregonian's title for this story certainly grabbed my attention. This isn't a groundbreaking piece, by any means, but I'm always on the look-out for titles oriented toward getting carnists to reconsider their attitudes about tofu and other "vegan" foods. I'm especially fond of the opening:
Despite being an unabashed carnivore, I like tofu, especially dense, chewy, very firm tofu. It has enough substance to be grilled, broiled or fried without falling apart, it's nutritious and, most importantly, it's cheap -- less than $2 per pound. Sure, tofu needs some gussying up with a marinade or a host of supporting flavors, but a tofu-based meal will never break the bank.
Nice comment from a carnist to remind other meat-eaters that veganism most certainly does not have to be expensive, right?

Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home