Friday, September 01, 2006

Pizza



Whenever I mention eating pizza people always act surprised: they don't think vegans can eat pizza. Ahh, how wrong they are. The best part of pizza is finding weird toppings that you never thought would belong. The fridge was a bit bare tonight so I topped my pizza with jarred marinara sauce, a potato (sliced on the mandolin), an eggplant from our garden (also on the mandolin), and a little bit of leftover bell pepper. I just broiled the pizza for a couple minutes after it was done cooking to get the potato nice and brown.

Tags: pizza| vegan cooking

2 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger Eric said...

What's that crust?

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

The crust is a homemade whole wheat crust which I'll eventually get around to posting the recipe for. I've been making it for years and it's great

 

Post a Comment

<< Home