Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Potatoes and pancakes for breakfast

I'm really excited to be a part of the Veggieboards blog. I guess I should start off with an introduction. I'm Michelle, a sixteen-year-old vegan living in New Jersey. I love cooking and baking, and I'm all about shortcuts that save time and use fewer dishes since I hate to clean up. I don't claim to be the healthiest vegan, but I love to experiment with all kinds of foods, especially the three main food groups: fruits, vegetables, and chocolate

I'm definitely not a morning person but on the rare occasion that I wake up for breakfast, potatoes are the way to go. This breakfast include chili roasted potatoes, pancakes, and blueberry Silk yogurt.


The halved the pancake recipe from my all time favorite cookbook, Vegan with a Vengeance, by Isa Chandra Moskowitz since I was just making breakfast for myself. I froze the leftover pancakes to reheat later in the toaster oven.

To make the potatoes mix olive oil, cayenne pepper, cumin, oregano, and garlic powder in a bowl big enough to fit all the potatoes. Then cut the potatoes into wedges and toss them with the spiced oil. Cover a pan with aluminum foil and transfer your potatoes (try not to drip tons of extra oil on the foil or it will end up really greasy). Broil the potatoes until they get brown and crispy on the outside, about 10-15 minutes.

Tags: |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home