Saturday, April 22, 2006

Forgot to celebrate my 4th veganniversary!

I went vegan four years ago this past Thursday, and it passed by without the usually fanfare (basically, a special meal out).

I had to wonder, does this mean it's been long enough that I'm kinda taking the veganism for granted?

Or is it that I'm just busy enough right now that a lot of things are slipping by at the moment?

Could be both of those things, and it could also be that I've been eating out too much lately! I've been too busy to cook at home, and so every night is a "special" meal out. Nice to be in a city where I can do that. I have 5 restaurants literally within 2 blocks of my apartment where I can get at least one vegan meal without having to order an item "minus the--", with one of those options being an actual vegan restaurant. Popular one, too.

If this former carnist from Kansas City can go vegan and have it become second nature, then how long will it be before I can order a wholeseome, delicious vegan option straight off the menu at just about any restaurant in the city?

Woo-hoo!

Tags: | |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home